Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Modern Technology i can do without

Nowadays latest technology comes in all forms and shapes but not all of these forms of technology are really beneficial to us but we still tend to choose them. I am going to try to list a bunch of latest technology and trends that i can do without.


Here it goes,



Blue tooth Headsets.... I never liked this gadget maybe because it looks too futuristic or the fact that it makes people look like they are lunatics until you spot the headset. It makes busy people like like idiots and laymen look like they have something important to do or say. They come in various shapes and sizes and some look like something out of a Star trek and some should look plain stupid. I know some states have hands free laws and it comes in handy but i still refuse to put on one.



Roomba...... Now whoever came up with this toy and managed to package it as a househould appliance is a genius. The Roomba looks like a toy hovercraftand ppl fork out over 300 bucks to watch some device glide all over your carpet while its supposed to be picking up dirt. I have never owned one but i do know that i will not be purchasing any of this foolery.



Paper Shredders.... I never liked this appliance because for some paranoid reason i always believe that i will end up shredding some important documents that i will later regret. For now i will rather just place papers in the bin and people can sort through my trash in the meantime.



EReaders..... A lot of retailers have been advertising their various of forms of Ebooks and encouraging people to download books onto their various readers. I buy books because i like collecting them and love the covers and do not want my books to be buried inside some LCD screen that can retail for as high $400.

Fancy Coffeemakers and Expresso Makers... Yes they look like a nice accessory in the kitchen but i dont drink coffee unless i feel like splurging at starbucks everynow and then so i dont need a hot brewed coffee programmed for me to drink every morning.

Iphone... Why do i want my MP3 player merged into my phone? How about the battery power i need for my phone to stay alive and trading it for music. This is part of the problem with the world we live in now with too many people listening to music way too much and becoming tone death and also lost in the silly lyrics that were probably created after a lot of drug experimenting in the wee hours of the morning. I have said before that we dont need that much music in our lives besides i dont like smudge on my phone and you get a lot of that with the iphone besides its the coolest gadget for nerds as a conversation starter and i dont need any of those.

Flying Alarm Clock... I wish my alarm clock will try and take off just as i am about to turn it off.

WII FIT..... How about just plain ole REAL FIT in the real world.

SLR..... I get sick and tired of these grown ass folks out and about looking like professional photographers with $2000 equipments in casual places just because. I have the closest thing to a SLR but can fit in my back pocket. I like taking cool pictures but it aint that serious. I will rather party harder than have some big ole entrapment around my neck besides you can never look cool with that beast around your neck unless you are trying to nab innocent dumb chicks by posint as a professional Photographer so they can take their clothes off for you in a heartbeat.

The list goes on and on but thats all i can think of now. Feel free to add yours to the list.

4 comments:

Opé - Style Artist said...

I like watching other people do the wii....it's the most funny thing.

Admin said...

Paper shredder is on that list??? TJ at 37 you can't pile junk mail from important documents and shred the stuff with your details on that you don't need? Well I don't know what the state of identity theft is in America but in the UK that shit we have to take very seriously. The US is so behind on that. That night I met you we were staying with Davinia's mum's friend in Waxahacie her bitch daughter went through my purse took my cards drove out in the middle of the night and used them and put them back. I didn't even know until I checked my statements when I got home. If you guys had Chip n Pin like we do, that would never have happened. i couldn't believe how easy it was..card in card out to get gas. No pin number nothing!!!

WII fit. I don't have one but my friend has been sick and imobile for nearly 2 years. It's perfect for her in the home to use as her mobility is very limited and she can't walk unaided. In this day and age who care how you keep fit as long as your active.

Admin said...

Forgot to add the downloading of books. *shakes head* I love books on my shelf that I can keep for years. As for the iphone I'll keep my blackberry and ipod seperate thanks. All that in one crap gets a lil too much.

Fashogi said...

Wow,

You got had by some Hustlers. Unfortunately that happens a lot in the U.S where people will ransack your wallet use your card and return it. Its a shame but its reality. Trust me i have worked for the largets Credit Reporting Agency in the country back in the days so i know all the rules and have been a victim of fraud about 3 times , this was when my credit was immaculate but now i wish someone tries to steal my cards and see if they wont end up in Jail lol cos there aint nuffin in it. I understand the importance of Paper shredders but i just have a phobia for it that i might mistakenly shred an important document and its over.